Business Benefits, Employees and VAT
Branches of Your Business
If your Business operates at different branches or divisions, you shall be deemed to be a single Business or person conducting the taxable activity and no separate registration of branches or divisions shall be allowed.
A person who is a trustee in more than one capacity shall be treated as a separate person in relation to each of those capacities.
People employed by you, and directors, partners or anyone managing the business may be entitled to claim back VAT on certain expenses incurred for the purposes of the business.
Schemes for obtaining tax benefits
Schemes include any agreement, arrangement, promise, or undertaking, whether express or implied and whether or not legally enforceable, and any plan, proposal, or course of action; and “tax benefit” includes:
- a reduction in the liability of a person to pay value added tax;
- an increase in the entitlement of a person to a deduction or refund;
- a postponement of liability for the payment of value added tax;
- an acceleration of entitlement to a deduction for input tax; or
- any other avoidance or benefit from the delay in payment of tax or acceleration of entitlement to a deduction for input tax.